3D Environment ArtistStockholm | Game Studio | ref: 2002
Stockholm, Sweden – Full relocation and VISA sponsorship
We’re looking for a talented 3D Environment Artist to join our exciting new project in Stockholm.
In collaboration with Activision Blizzard, we are adapting one of the most iconic game franchises of all-time: Call of Duty. The aim is to create a Call of Duty experience on mobile, while also breaking new ground for mobile and redefining the genre. The approach and ambition is to be fresh, social, and highly accessible, while providing a very authentic game experience. You will prototype extensively, have the freedom to think outside the box, and be encouraged to stretch your expertise in ways to create surprising results.
Your role within our Kingdom
As Environment Artist you will build amazing worlds that our players become immersed within. You will be working closely with level designers to prototype fun and exciting arenas to play in as well as making them beautifully well built, textured, surfaced and lit.
You’ll need solid experience of art pipelines as you will be responsible for delivering complex scenes from content creation through to target hardware. You will also need a strong understanding of architectural and structural design, surfacing, lighting, structural composition and an appreciation of game level design.
Skills to create thrills
You are creative, highly passionate about games and enjoy working in a flexible and fluid environment where the job will evolve over time. You have a strong eye for colour and composition and are always curious to develop your skills and continue learning. Also:
- You are experienced creating appealing in-game environments
- Bring relevant experience from gaming or a similar industry and have the know-how to create polished and distinct gameplay assets
- You can work with designers to create and iterate on prototype levels
- You are experienced at lighting environments for readability, mood and atmosphere and have some rendering/shading knowledge
- Adept at using Maya, Zbrush or similar and the Adobe CS package
- Able to work with both high-poly and low-poly modeling, sculpting and retopology
- You bring experience in high quality and UV mapping, texturing, and map baking
- Good communication and organizational skills
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
Tasty bonus skills
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation
- Skills in animation and special effects
- Experience from creating concept art
- Skills in creating high quality 2D artwork
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Previous experience in creating mobile games
Life at King
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That’s how we stay creative. That’s why we call ourselves developers of magic and champions of creativity!
Want to join our Kingdom? – Comprehensive relocation package
People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, we help you out as much as we can with our relocation package. This includes full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you, covering your journey out here, the cost of shipping your gadgets or helping you with estate agents. See more about our relocation process at: https://jobs.king.com/benefits#relocation
Please apply in English and don’t forget to share your portfolio with us.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great Saga needs all kinds of Heroes – that’s why we hire all sorts of talent.Apply >