Art DirectorStockholm | Game Studio | ref: 1517
Stockholm, Sweden – Full relocation and VISA sponsorship
We are looking for an experienced and talented Art Director to join our exciting new project in Stockholm.
In collaboration with Activision Blizzard, we are adapting one of the most iconic game franchises of all-time: Call of Duty. The aim is to create a Call of Duty experience on mobile, while also breaking new ground for mobile and redefining the genre. The approach and ambition is to be fresh, social, and highly accessible, while providing a very authentic game experience. You will prototype extensively, have the freedom to think outside the box, and be encouraged to stretch your expertise in ways to create surprising results.
Your role within our Kingdom
You are a confident leader and role model who can build and establish the identity of an art team while owning the artistic vision of a new product.
Support a highly agile and iterative game design and release process and will nurture close collaboration with producers, game designers, scrum masters, developers, business performance, player insight and of course brand.
Skills to create thrills
You are an established Artist and Art Director, with:
- Artistic vision and an excellent eye for detail
- A high level of creativity and have a true passion for games, backed by relevant experience within the gaming industry
- Proven track record of leading a team to deliver high quality art & animations that adhere to the style and goals of the project
- You know visual communication by heart and can quickly do concepts and/or mock-ups to communicate your ideas
- A full understanding and ability to direct all areas of 3D game art, including modelling, sculpting, UV, texturing, skinning for deformation, rigging and animation
- Experience in creating Moodboards, Style guides, Brand guidelines & other necessary documentation
- Solid experience as a people manager who understands which mix of competencies and coaching you need in your team to excel and drive great performance
- Strong communication and organizational skills, you feel at home with project planning
- A pronounced interest in player behaviour and player experience
- An innovative spirit, happy to go beyond the assigned tasks, actively seeking responsibility
An online portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills is required!
Tasty bonus skills
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation
- Skills in animation and special effects
- Interest in visual and interaction design
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Previous experience from creating midcore and/or mobile games
- Experience of high fidelity game execution on multiple platforms
- Establishing of art outsourcing relationships.
Life at King
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That’s how we stay creative.
Want to join our Kingdom? – Comprehensive relocation package
People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, we help you out as much as we can with our relocation package. This includes full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you, covering your journey out here, the cost of shipping your gadgets or helping you with estate agents. See more about our relocation process at: https://jobs.king.com/benefits#relocation
Please apply in English and don’t forget to share your portfolio with us.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great Saga needs all kinds of Heroes – that’s why we hire all sorts of talent.Apply >