Level DesignerStockholm | Game Studio | ref: 1560
Stockholm, Sweden – Full relocation and VISA sponsorship
We’re looking for a talented Level Designer to join our exciting new project in Stockholm.
In collaboration with Activision Blizzard, we are adapting one of the most iconic game franchises of all-time: Call of Duty. The aim is to create a Call of Duty experience on mobile, while also breaking new ground for mobile and redefining the genre. The approach and ambition is to be fresh, social, and highly accessible, while providing a very authentic game experience. You will prototype extensively, have the freedom to think outside the box, and be encouraged to stretch your expertise in ways to create surprising results.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to contribute to defining amazing ‘game experience’ for millions of players to enjoy on the go then this is the right job for you.
As part of the game design team, you will be creating well-balanced, consistent and thrilling levels based on our games’ basic rules as well as support the delivery of the games’ core vision. Ultimately, you will ensure our games are fun to play!
- Actively contribute to creative discussions surrounding feature reviews and new features
- Create , assess, re-balance and tune new and existing levels
- Analyze (real-time) feedback and metrics, and adjust level design accordingly
- Work with designers to producers to ensure level consistency across the title(s)
- Remain up-to-date with Level and Game Design literature and best practices to continue driving the studio’s Level Design expertise
Skills to create thrills
You have great passion for games, understand the casual and midcore markets and know how to think out of the box. And, of course, you’ll need to know what makes a good game. Other skills include:
- Experience and/or knowledge of level design for mobile and/or console 3D shooter games
- Solid understanding knowledge of game balancing and pacing
- Experience working within a game production team and/or knowledge of game production best practices
Life at King
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That’s how we stay creative.
Want to join our Kingdom? – Comprehensive relocation package
People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, we help you out as much as we can with our relocation package. This includes full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you, covering your journey out here, the cost of shipping your gadgets or helping you with estate agents. See more about our relocation process at: https://jobs.king.com/benefits#relocation
Please apply in English and don’t forget to share your portfolio with us.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great Saga needs all kinds of Heroes – that’s why we hire all sorts of talent.Apply >