Senior DeveloperStockholm | Game Studio | ref: 1651
We are looking for an experienced Developer to join our new Shooter project in Stockholm.
In collaboration with Activision Blizzard, we are adapting one of the most iconic game franchises of all-time: Call of Duty. The aim is to create a Call of Duty experience on mobile, while also breaking new ground for mobile and redefining the genre. The approach and ambition is to be fresh, social, and highly accessible, while providing a very authentic game experience. You will prototype extensively, have the freedom to think outside the box, and be encouraged to stretch your expertise in ways to create surprising results.
Your role within our great Kingdom
If you are an experienced C++ Developer who likes to work in an environment where things move quickly and performance is of great importance, then King is the place for you! As a Developer at King you will take a lead on creating and maintaining our mobile casual games. You will specify, design, build and implement existing and new game features.
We offer you the chance to work in an agile environment where frequent, fast-paced releases mean you’ll see the impact of your work almost immediately.
You will among other things…
- Design, architect, test, and implement game features
- Take an active part in game creation
- Maintain and optimize new and existing game features
- Deliver high quality and well-structured code
- Identify features and gaps in King technology stack and work with technology teams on bringing desired features into Kings technology stack.
- Share knowledge and help colleagues
There might be opportunities to have Development Manager responsibilities alongside programming in the future, for somebody who enjoy seeing people develop and love to be part of making others reach their full potential.
Skills to create thrills
You are a programmer who likes programming challenges, and strive to deliver great products and technology. You are curious and a fast-learner, and to nurture this we offer you an entrepreneurial environment, a small team, and a big challenge.
- Excellent C++ knowledge
- Excellent C# knowledge
- Professional experience from game development
- Significant experience in multiple game development fields (Graphics, animation, sound, gameplay, AI etc)
- Passion for game development
- High sense of quality and polish
- Capable of taking a technical responsibility for a product or project
Tasty bonus skills
- Working with content pipelines
- Professional experience from multiple platforms ( Android / iOS / Console / PC development)
- Experience with using GitHub on large scale projects.
- Experience with Unity
- Experience in working with memory/performance critical applications
Life at King
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run.
That's how we stay creative.
Want to join our Kingdom? – Comprehensive relocation package
People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, we help you out as much as we can with our relocation package. This includes full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you, covering your journey out here, the cost of shipping your gadgets or helping you with estate agents. See more about our relocation process at: https://jobs.king.com/benefits#relocation
Please apply in English.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great Saga needs all kinds of Heroes – that’s why we hire all sorts of talent!Apply >