Technical AnimatorStockholm | Game Studio | ref: 2190
Stockholm, Sweden – Full relocation and VISA sponsorship
We are looking for an experienced Technical Animator to join our new Shooter project in Stockholm.
In collaboration with Activision Blizzard, we are adapting one of the most iconic game franchises of all-time: Call of Duty. The aim is to create a Call of Duty experience on mobile, while also breaking new ground for mobile and redefining the genre. The approach and ambition is to be fresh, social, and highly accessible, while providing a very authentic game experience. You will prototype extensively, have the freedom to think outside the box, and be encouraged to stretch your expertise in ways to create surprising results.
Your role within our great Kingdom
As the Technical Animator you will be responsible for all character and prop related set-ups (including skinning) required for the animation team. You will also be responsible for providing tools and improving pipelines and workflows that will maximize efficiency. The ideal candidate will have experience creating advanced skeletons and control rigs for characters (bipedal and quadrupedal) and custom rigs/set-ups for props. An in depth knowledge of skinning characters and creating set-ups required for secondary motion is also necessary.
Skills to create thrills
- Excellent understanding of character rigging & custom rigs
- Expert knowledge of Maya
- Excellent skinning skills
- High proficiency in technical problem solving
- A good understanding of anatomy and human motion
- Advanced scripting skills
- At least 1 title released working as a Technical Animator
- Good communication skills and experience working in a team environment
- A desire to push animation in video-games to new levels of believability
Tasty bonus skills
- An accomplished knowledge in Unity
- Experience working with ragdoll set-ups (ideally within Unity).
- Experience creating high and low res facial rigs
- Experience of scripting with Python
- Basic animation skills
- Experience of SDK plugin development
- Experience working with procedural, additive, layered animation and animation state trees
- Experience working with Motion capture
- Experience working with agile/scrum development methodology
- A keen gamer who keeps up to date with industry related developments
Life at King
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative.
Want to join our Kingdom? – Comprehensive relocation package
People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, we help you out as much as we can with our relocation package. This includes full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you, covering your journey out here, the cost of shipping your gadgets or helping you with estate agents. See more about our relocation process at: https://jobs.king.com/benefits#relocation
Please apply in English.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great Saga needs all kinds of Heroes – that’s why we hire all sorts of talent!Apply >