Technical ArtistStockholm | Game Studio | ref: 2189
Stockholm, Sweden – Full relocation and VISA sponsorship
We are looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join our new Shooter project in Stockholm.
In collaboration with Activision Blizzard, we are adapting one of the most iconic game franchises of all-time: Call of Duty. The aim is to create a Call of Duty experience on mobile, while also breaking new ground for mobile and redefining the genre. The approach and ambition is to be fresh, social, and highly accessible, while providing a very authentic game experience. You will prototype extensively, have the freedom to think outside the box, and be encouraged to stretch your expertise in ways to create surprising results.
Your role within our great Kingdom
The Technical Artist works with the team to define and create, support and maintain the procedural content generation pipeline and tools. A key aspect of this role is not only to understand quickly the existing processes and to be able to update/optimize it, but is also about being able to understand the level designers and level artists’ needs in order to provide custom tailored tools. Example of what you will work on:
- Create Houdini digital assets for use in game with Houdini Engine (city/building generation, procedural objects, terrain processing & space population (rocks and vegetation))
- Iterate with the various teams to :
- Create tools linking the game engine to Houdini processes
- Allow the artists to express their creativity by providing them with comprehensive tools
- Maintain the processes and pipeline by ensuring that all new addition is compliant with the existing systems.
- Be able to gather in a same rule 1/ the gameplay (playability/variety), 2/ the technical constraints (memory/perf) and 3/ the artistic requirements
- Troubleshoot problems and find appropriate solutions
- Assist the team in learning new technologies and processes
Skills to create thrills
- Relevant knowledge of Houdini & Maya or other DCC packages
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Python, VEX & C#
- Understanding of rendering budgets and other technical constraints related to performance in real-time engines
- Understanding of the requirements for a global pipeline, the ability to enforce strong processes and to setup new ones
- Experience collaborating with tools/graphic programmers and mentoring artists
- Like team work
- Good knowledge and understanding of the video game development processes and techniques
Tasty bonus skills
- Unity experience
- Experience working with GIS data sets.
- Experience writing shaders (HLSL, or GLSL)
- Overall artistic knowledge (composition, color, motion, etc.) is a plus
- Experience working with agile/scrum development methodology
- A keen gamer who keeps up to date with industry related developments
Life at King
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative.
Want to join our Kingdom? – Comprehensive relocation package
People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, we help you out as much as we can with our relocation package. This includes full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you, covering your journey out here, the cost of shipping your gadgets or helping you with estate agents. See more about our relocation process at: https://jobs.king.com/benefits#relocation
Please apply in English.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great Saga needs all kinds of Heroes – that’s why we hire all sorts of talent!Apply >