Senior UX/UI DesignerStockholm | Game Studio | ref: 1882
Stockholm, Sweden – Full relocation and VISA sponsorship
We’re looking for a talented UX/UI Designer to join our exciting new project in Stockholm.
In collaboration with Activision Blizzard, we are adapting one of the most iconic game franchises of all-time: Call of Duty. The aim is to create a Call of Duty experience on mobile, while also breaking new ground for mobile and redefining the genre. The approach and ambition is to be fresh, social, and highly accessible, while providing a very authentic game experience. You will prototype extensively, have the freedom to think outside the box, and be encouraged to stretch your expertise in ways to create surprising results.
Your role within our Kingdom
In this role, you’ll be taking on a wide variety of challenges that span the earliest ideation phases all the way to preparing the game’s UI for launch to a worldwide market.
You will work closely with game designers, artists, producers and developers, where your contribution will help define the best user flows and interaction paradigms for our players, transforming these into wireframes and prototype that will assist the team in shaping the next generation of games at King. You’ll also create visually appealing, user friendly, consistent and crisp user interface art assets (e.g. menus, buttons, icons and animation etc.) in a fun, fast-paced, and supportive environment!
Skills to create thrills
The ideal fit will be someone who's creative with a passion for usability and a keen interest in games. Other required skills include:
- Proven experience in designing compelling and intuitive user interfaces for mobile platforms
- Experience taking on projects at early prototyping stages and exploring interaction flows with an experimental, iterative approach
- Ability to create mockups, wireframes and prototypes of new interfaces, and evaluate them through user-testing
- Ability to create polished, visually appealing, user friendly, consistent and distinct user interface art assets (e.g. menus, buttons, icons and animation etc.)
- A well-developed sense of composition and color
- Substantial interest in form and typography
- Expertise with wireframing tools such as OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Gliffy etc
- Experience working with the Adobe CS suite
- Proactive in learning and developing your skills to the next level
- Being an excellent team player with great communication and organization skills
- A portfolio showcasing the breadth of your applicable UI/UX skills.
Tasty bonus skills
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation
- Knowledge of and an interest in free-to- play best-practices
- Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative usability methods
- Skills in animation and VFX
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Previous experience working on casual and/or mobile games
We’re champions of creativity!
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative. That’s why we call ourselves developers of magic and champions of creativity!
Want to join our Kingdom? – Comprehensive relocation package
People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, we help you out as much as we can with our relocation package. This includes full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you, covering your journey out here, the cost of shipping your gadgets or helping you with estate agents. See more about our relocation process at: https://jobs.king.com/benefits#relocation
Please apply in English and don’t forget to share your portfolio with us.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great Saga needs all kinds of Heroes – that’s why we hire all sorts of talent.Apply >